Grecian style wedding dresses are a classic and timeless choice for brides who want to look and feel their best on their wedding day. These dresses are known for their flowing fabrics, delicate draping, and elegant simplicity. They are also incredibly versatile and can be dressed up or down to suit any wedding venue or style.
The history of Grecian style wedding dresses
Grecian style wedding dresses have been popular for centuries. In ancient Greece, brides typically wore white gowns made from lightweight fabrics, such as linen or cotton. The gowns were often draped over one shoulder and featured a high waistline. Brides also wore delicate jewelry and sandals to complete their look.
In the Victorian era, Greek-style wedding dresses became even more popular. This was due in part to the influence of the Pre-Raphaelite art movement, which glorified the beauty of classical Greece. Victorian brides often wore white lace gowns with draped necklines and flowing skirts.
Greek-style wedding dresses continued to be popular in the 20th and 21st centuries. Many iconic brides, such as Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Grace Kelly, wore Grecian-style wedding dresses on their wedding days.
Why choose a Grecian-style wedding dress?
There are many reasons why brides choose to wear Greek style wedding dresses. Here are a few of the most popular reasons:
- They are flattering for all body types. Greek-style wedding dresses are designed to accentuate the best features of your body, regardless of your size or shape. The flowing fabrics and draped details can help to camouflage any problem areas, and the high waistlines can create the illusion of a longer, leaner silhouette.
- They are comfortable and easy to move in. Greek-style wedding dresses are typically made from lightweight, breathable fabrics, so you can dance the night away without feeling weighed down. The simple, flowing designs also allow for a great deal of movement, so you won’t have to worry about tripping over your dress.
- They are versatile. Grecian-style wedding dresses can be worn for a variety of wedding venues, from a beach wedding to a formal ballroom wedding. They can also be dressed up or down with different accessories. For example, you can add a statement necklace and earrings for a glamorous look, or you can keep it simple with a delicate headband and sandals.
- They are timeless. Grecian-style wedding dresses have been popular for centuries, and they are likely to continue to be popular for many years to come. So, if you are looking for a classic and timeless wedding dress, a Grecian-style dress is a great option.
How to choose the perfect Greek-style wedding dress
When choosing a Greek-style wedding dress, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Consider your wedding venue and style. If you are having a beach wedding, you may want to choose a dress made from a lightweight fabric, such as chiffon or organza. If you are having a more formal wedding, you may want to choose a dress made from a more luxurious fabric, such as lace or satin.
- Think about your body type. If you have an hourglass figure, you may want to choose a dress with a draped neckline and a high waistline. If you have a pear-shaped figure, you may want to choose a dress with a full skirt and a fitted bodice.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles. There are many different styles of Grecian style wedding dresses available, so don’t be afraid to try on a few different ones to see what looks best on you.
Popular Grecian style wedding dress trends for 2023
One-shoulder gowns are a classic Grecian style that is both flattering and sophisticated. They can be made with a variety of fabrics, including chiffon, organza, and lace. There is another popular Grecian style. They feature a high waistline that accentuates the bust and flows down into a full skirt. Empire waist dresses are a great option for brides who want to create a romantic and ethereal look. Draping is a key element of Grecian-style wedding dresses. It can be used to create a variety of effects, such as plunging necklines, flowing skirts, and dramatic trains. Metallic accents: Metallic accents are a popular way to add a touch of glamour to a Grecian-style wedding dress. They can be used in the form of beading, embroidery, or even a metallic fabric.