If you have been involved in a car accident, you may be wondering whether you need a car accident attorney to help you with your claim. A car accident attorney is a legal professional who specializes in representing people who have suffered injuries or damages as a result of a motor vehicle collision. A car accident attorney can help you navigate the complex legal process, protect your rights, and maximize your compensation.
In this post, you will learn about why you should hire a Why Hire Car Accident Attorney? When to Hire a Car Accident Attorney? How to Find a Car Accident Attorney?. Also, How Much Does a Car Accident Attorney Cost? And some frequently asked questions.
Why Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
There are many benefits of hiring a car accident attorney, such as:
An accident attorney has the knowledge and experience to handle the legal aspects of your case. They can advise you on the applicable laws, statutes of limitations, liability issues, insurance policies, and other factors that may affect your claim. They can also gather and analyze the evidence, such as police reports, medical records, witness statements, photos, videos, and expert opinions, to build a strong case for you.
An accident attorney can negotiate with the insurance companies and other parties involved in your case. They can use their skills and leverage to obtain a fair and favorable settlement for you. They can also protect you from lowball offers, unfair tactics, and bad-faith practices that may be used by insurance adjusters or defense lawyers.
A car accident attorney can represent you in court if your case goes to trial. They can prepare and present your case in front of a judge and jury, and advocate for your best interests. They can also handle the appeals process if necessary.
When to Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
The best time to hire a car accident attorney is as soon as possible after the accident. This way, you can ensure that your rights are protected and that your claim is handled properly from the start. Hiring a car accident attorney early can also help you avoid making mistakes that could harm your case, such as:
- Admitting fault or apologizing for the accident.
- Giving a recorded statement or signing any documents without legal advice.
- Accepting a settlement offer without consulting an attorney.
- Delaying medical treatment or failing to follow up with your doctor.
- Posting about the accident or your injuries on social media.
How to Find?
Finding a good attorney can make a big difference in the outcome of your case. Here are some tips on how to find a car accident attorney that suits your needs:
Ask for referrals
You can ask your friends, family, colleagues, or acquaintances if they have any recommendations for a car accident attorney. You can also ask other professionals, such as your doctor, therapist, or accountant if they know any reputable attorneys in your area.
Do some research
You can use online resources, such as Bing, to search for car accident attorneys near you. You can also check their websites, reviews, ratings, testimonials, and credentials to learn more about their background, experience, reputation, and success rate.
Contact potential attorneys
You can contact several car accident attorneys that interest you and schedule a consultation with them. A consultation is usually free and allows you to ask questions about their services, fees, availability, and approach. You can also get a sense of their personality, communication style, and rapport.
Compare and choose
After meeting with different attorneys, you can compare them based on various criteria, such as:
- Their qualifications and expertise.
- Their track record and results.
- Their fees and payment options.
- Their availability and responsiveness.
- Their professionalism and trustworthiness.
- Your comfort level and confidence in them.
You can then choose the one that best fits your needs and expectations.
How Much Does a Car Accident Attorney Cost?
The cost of hiring a car accident attorney depends on several factors, such as:
- The complexity and duration of your case.
- The amount of work and resources involved.
- The contingency fee agreement.
A contingency fee agreement is a common arrangement between a car accident attorney and their client. It means that the attorney only gets paid if they win or settle the case for their client. The attorney typically receives a percentage of the recovery amount (usually between 25% to 40%), while the client pays nothing upfront or out of pocket.
A contingency fee agreement has several advantages for both parties:
- For the client: It reduces the financial risk and burden of hiring an attorney. It also motivates the attorney to work hard and achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
- For the attorney: It ensures that they get paid for their work and results. It also attracts more clients who may not be able to afford an hourly or flat fee.
An attorney is an invaluable ally for anyone who has been injured or suffered damages in a motor vehicle collision. Also, he or she can help you understand your legal rights, options, and obligations, and guide you through the entire process of filing and pursuing a claim. An attorney can also help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
If you have been involved in a car accident, do not hesitate to contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible. A car accident attorney can provide you with a free consultation and evaluation of your case, and help you decide the best course of action for your situation.
How long do I have to file a car accident claim?
What should I do after a car accident?
1. Check yourself and others for injuries and call 911 if needed.
2. Move to a safe location if possible and turn on your hazard lights.
3. Exchange information with the other driver(s), such as name, contact, license, insurance, and vehicle details.
4. Take photos and videos of the scene, the vehicles, the damages, and the injuries.
5. Get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
6. Seek medical attention as soon as possible and keep records of your diagnosis, treatment, and expenses.
7. Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible.
8. Contact a car accident attorney for legal advice and representation.
What can I recover from a car accident claim?
1. The severity and extent of your injuries and damages.
2. The degree of fault and liability of each party.
3. The policy limits and coverage of each party’s insurance.
4. The strength and evidence of your case.
5. Generally, you can recover two types of damages from a car accident claim: Economic damages and Non-economic damages.